Do you suffer from horrible acne? You’re not the only one. Acne has always been considered an adolescent issue that tends to fade away after college. But many who are past their teenage years, still deal with breakouts. According to a study at Massachusetts General Hospital, “acne affects the complexions of 45 percent of women ages 21 to 30, 26 percent of women ages 31 to 40, and 12 percent of women ages 41 to 50.” Main causes for breakouts are common; stress, hormones, and ingredients in our own skin care products.
Treatments that used to work in our teens are not specifically made for mature skin, hence causing dryness. Look for gentle exfoliators that cleanse clogged pores without leaving skin red or blotchy. Also, avoid any treatments with alcohol in them since they cause extra drying. Lastly, adjust your diet. Sugars and fats can increase levels that are typically linked to acne.
4 Types of Skin Products to Avoid
- Trendy Oils - pimple prone
- Light Cleansers - does not remove all excess oils that can clog up pores
- Heavy Moisturizers - leaves sticky residue behind clogging up pores
- Silicone Primers - any ingredient ending in -icone is never any good for your skin.
9 Natural Acne Remedies
- Witch Hazel - improves the texture of your skin. Best for those with extremely oily skin.
- Tea Tree Oil - Helps to reduce impurities and moderate oil production.
- Turmeric - Works great because of its properties to reduce irritation. Helps to moderate oil production.
- Vitamin C - Has the ability to improve skin healthy while leaving your skin feeling bright and beautiful.
- Clay Masks - Very effective for tightening up pores.
- Green Tea - Rich in antioxidants and helps to relieve irritation.
- Aloe Vera - Its soothing properties are known to calm and relieve blemished skin.
- Argan Oil - Works as a great moisturizer without leaving oily residue behind. Reduces dryness leaving your skin feeling smooth and even.
- Coconut Oil - Known to moisturize dry skin reducing signs of aging.
Lucky for you, we carry several oils and serums in our store to combat aging and dehydrated skin. www.advancedclinicals.com